Your First Visit to Vision Center Of New York
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our premier eye-care practice in the Bronx. Your initial comprehensive eye examination and required testing may take one to two hours, depending on your appointment type.
Your exam may require your eyes to be dilated. For your comfort and safety, you are welcome to stay at our facility until your vision returns to normal, or we recommend you bring someone with you to drive you home after the exam. A full report of all findings will be sent to your referring doctor following your examination.
If you have a chronic eye condition, especially glaucoma, tell us when you schedule your appointment. Your initial visit may take 1 to 3 hours so that we may resolve as much of your problem on the initial visit. This block of time will allow for extensive testing and possible treatment.
Things to Bring to Your First Appointment:
- A complete list of current medications, including dosage and frequency of use
- Your current eyeglasses for both reading and distance
- All current health insurance plan cards
- Copies of prior eye examinations if available
- Referral from your primary care physician, if required by your insurance carrier
- If eligible, inform us to arrange transportation in advance
- All insurance co-payments are due on the day of your visit
- Please note, we only accept cash as a method of co-payment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by calling our office: 718-862-EYES (3937)